Lowden | 30th Anniversary | 2004 | SN:15041 (no. 16 of 30)
All pictures – Click to enlarge!- Highly recommended
Please email with any corrections/ additional info
We aim to keep each entry as complete as possible & your help is appreciated!
- Builder: George Lowden Guitars, George Lowden
- Model: 30th Anniversary S model
- Year: 2004
- Serial #: 15041, #16 of 30
- Back/Sides Wood: Highly Figured Pearwood
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Wood: Mahogany, 5 piece, satin finish
- Headplate: Rosewood with ‘Lowden’ logo
- Fingerboard: Ebony, bound with two-tone trim, no markers, Extension
- Frets to body: 14
- Bindings: Brazilian Rosewood with tri-color wood purfling
- Top Trim: Tri-color wood purfling
- Rosette: Abalone & Tri-color Wood
- Tuners: Gold Gotoh 510s with Ebony Buttons
- Case: Lowden/Hiscox Hardshell
- Body Length: 18 7/8″
- Upper Bout: 10 1/4″
- Lower Bout: 14 3/4″
- Body Depth @Neck Heel: 4″
- Body Depth @Tail Block: 4 3/16″
- Scale Length: 24.75″ (630 mm)
- Nut Width: 1 23/32″ (43 mm)
- Strings Spacing: 2 3/16″ (55 mm)
This is a great 30th Anniversary Lowden with that figured Pearwood back and sides. Apologies for the low resolution pics, we are trying to obtain better ones. Nevertheless, the former owner had this to say:
“This is number 16 of the 30-issue George Lowden 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Guitar. Ungigged and rarely but lovingly played, this guitar is in mint condition. And it plays and sounds like a dream.
Made from beautifully figured pearwood for the back and sides, it also features a high-grade sitka spruce top, mahogany/rosewood neck, ebony fingerboard, walnut binding and Gotoh machines..
It has also been fitted at the Lowden workshop with a high quality Headway pickup. It comes in an unmarked hardshell lite-flite case and has full certification and provenance paperwork. Its final setup was tested and adjusted by George himself. I was there when he did it!”
Pictures © jamesmarshallhendricks
Errors are unintentional although we try very hard not to make them- corrections or feedback are always welcome! Guitars are property of individual owners.
Any infringement of copyright is entirely unintentional. Any copyright issues should be address to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will attempt to resolve these issues quickly. Guitars remain property of respective owners and not for sale through guitarbench unless specifically stated.