One of the interesting aspects of the sonic sitka project is the ability to build within a very large design space. While my instruments certainly lean toward tradition, it was fun to build a very non traditional instrument.
Model: Sonic Sitka Mandocello
• Serial no: 021
• Year: 2010
• Top: Bear Claw figured Sitka Spruce (Sonic Sitka Project)
• Back and sides: Curly Maple
• Neck: Two Piece Curly Maple
• Purfling: BWBW Purfling with Cocobolo Binding
• Fingerboard: Gabon Ebony 12″ radius with Cocobolo Binding
• Bridge: Gabon Ebony
• Nut Width: 1 5/8″
• String Spacing: 2″
• Scale: 24 3/4″
• Body Length: 20″
• Lower Bout: 15 1/2″
• Upper Bout: 11 1/4 with Venetian Cutaway
Pictures ©2009 Chuck Willer
Errors are unintentional although we try very hard not to make them- corrections or feedback are always welcome! Guitars are property of individual owners.
Any infringement of copyright is entirely unintentional. Any copyright issues should be address to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will attempt to resolve these issues quickly. Guitars remain property of respective owners.