Christian Druery | Ruru | 2009 | Guitar Database
All pictures – Click to enlarge!- Highly recommended
Please email with any corrections/ additional info
We aim to keep each entry as complete as possible & your help is appreciated!
- Year: 2009
- Top: Quartersawn Kauri 900 years old.
- Top Bracing: X bracing style made from Cedar
- Back and sides: 50,000 yr old Ancient Flamed Whitebait Kauri.
- Back Bracing: Cedar
- Neck: 5 piece neck, Quartersawn Kauri
- Headplate: Flamed Whitebait Ancient Kauri in Koru Shape
- Purfling: B/W/B/W
- Binding: Ancient Kauri with Kauri laminate.
- Rosette: Koru
- Soundport: Koru.
- Fingerboard: Puriri (NZ Teak) with Paua Koru inlayed fretmarkers.
- Bridge: Puriri with Kauri bridge pins paua dot.
- Nut Width: 44mm
- Tuners: Gotoh chrome
- Scale: 650mm
- Body Length: 514mm
- Lower Bout: 410mm
- Upper Bout: 302mm
- Body Depth: Butt 105mm Heel 95mm
Christian Druery wrote to us about this guitar: “This guitar was commissioned by the Global Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix Arizona,and made by New Zealand Luthier Christian Druery,the brief was to best represent New Zealands unique indigenous timbers and Maori cultural designs,in a modern approach.
The guitar will be a permanent exhibit in the Oceania section of the Museum which is due to open in April 2010.” Christian also had another guitar commissioned by the MIM.
Pictures kind courtesy of Christian Druery
Errors are unintentional although we try very hard not to make them- corrections or feedback are always welcome! Guitars are property of individual owners and are not for sale through guitarbench.com unless specifically stated.
Any infringement of copyright is entirely unintentional. Any copyright issues should be address to: email@example.com. We will attempt to resolve these issues quickly. Guitars remain property of respective owners.